Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dotty Fish leather baby-shoes (and discount!)


 Ever since I dreamt of having a baby I knew I wanted to get our imaginary kid some leg-warmers, or, as they call them in the US (in what strikes me as a slightly macabre name), baby-legs. They are just so cute!
When the time finally came, and as I was preparing Yu's Twink costume, I could not find many companies who would ship the leg warmers to Europe, even from the UK, and I was having trouble finding them here in The Netherlands. But I didn't give up and I finally found Dotty Fish, a company who would do it. I was so happy when they arrived, and even happier at how her costume turned out.

Dotty Fish is a company owned by a mom who decided to start making her own products after being unable to find good quality leather baby shoes at affordable prices. She started in 2006, and ever since the company has expanded and now offers a varied range of baby shoes, bibs, leg-warmers, leggings, tights and lovey-blankets, some that can be mix and matched with each other.

My kid is fancier than me, that's for sure! After I wrote about finding Yu's rainbow legwarmers in the Twink costume tutorial post, Dotty Fish kindly offered to send her some leather shoes for us to review.


It was really hard to choose, as they have so many fun designs!

There are shoes with dinosaurs, owls, lions, kites, giraffes, stars, dots, butterflies, birds, cranes and even reindeers, perfect for this season.

They are also very reasonably priced with prices ranging from 6.99 to 7.69 GBP depending on the size. (And the leg warmers are 2.25 GBP).


In the end I went for the Dotty Fish model, so colorful and pretty. The shoes arrived neatly packaged in a small plastic envelope that easily fit the mailbox, and they were wrapped in a pretty organza bag (the kind that I love to use for small presents or keeping jewellery).


The shoes are very well made, in soft leather, with a no-slip sole and elastics around the feet (so the baby will not take them out, apparently a baby's favorite passtime). I ordered them in size 12-18 months so that she will be able to wear them when she starts to walk, they are still a bit large (she's 10 months) but for the moment they will do a great job of keeping her little feet warm.

Thanks so much to the girls at Dotty Fish for asking me to review their leather shoes (that I was considering getting soon anyway!).

And now for any of you readers interested in their lovely products, Dotty Fish is offering you a 10% discount with the code POPPIES .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I mentioned above, Dotty Fish kindly sent me the leather shoes so that I would review them, but I was not otherwise compensated to write this post. The opinions expressed are honest and all my own, and  Dotty Fish is a company I would write about and  recommend anyway!.

Dotty Fish sends their products worldwide, using Royal Mail or other (faster) delivery options. You can find their website here, as well as on Facebook and Twitter.


*Second photo via CottonBabies

4 comments:

  1. I will check them out! I love the leather shoes for Valentina, to keep her feet warm especially. So far, I've been able to find some cute ones second hand as the other brands are quite expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really really cute and well made, and she did not take them out the whole day! Definitely worth it!

      Delete
  2. que linda tu gordita! es increible verla asi de grande y leer tus entradas cuando hablabas de la fecundacion. Se ven muy felices los tres!
    Un saludito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, si, crece rapidísimo, es increible, y estamos muy felices, como cambia todo ! Infinitamente agradecidos,...

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...