Thursday, December 6, 2012

First snow

 I smiled and did a happy dance this morning when I saw everything covered in white. It had already snowed a bit last weekend, but it was that watery kind of snow that melts immediately and does not stay. There is something magic about the first real snow of the year, before it becomes a soggy-muddy mess and you can't stand the cold and the slipperiness anymore. Or after it freezes and as you try to bike on it you fall flat on your face.

 The sky was blue and the air was crisp as we walked outside. We found the cutest Shiba-Inu, whose name, coincidentally was Sneeuw. He must have been as happy as I was to see the white stuff. These japanese dogs are known for loving it.
 I am finally feeling the season, we entered a flower shop and I felt myself wanting to get an advent wreath, complete with its 4 candles. If I have to be completely honest I don't want the year to finish. I feel like as much as I run, as hard as I try, I stay in the same place, so I feel pretty much like Alice:

<<—"Well, in our country,” said Alice, still panting a little, “you’d generally get to somewhere else if you run very fast for a long time, as we’ve been doing.”
“A slow sort of country!” said the Queen. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!”>>

But the year is not over yet, so I refuse to get all fatalistic and will from now on proceed to enjoy every day that 2012 has left for us.
Source

8 comments:

  1. Uh, los famosos molinos!!!! Que lindos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, la verdad es que hay paisajes idílicos, tanto en ciudades como en el campo. Yo tras 3 años, todavía los veo y se me cae la baba.

      Delete
  2. Te envidio mucho, por la nieve y, ¡por tener oportunidad de apapachar a ese hermoso cachorro peludo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajaja, bueno, se ve bonito, y para jugar un rato está bien, pero el frío no está padre.
      Cuando sólo nieva, está bien, porque la temperatura suele ser de alrededor de 4ºC, pero cuando es nieve + viento, te arden las orejas y sientes que se te cae la nariz, así es que yo, desde la ventana admirando :)

      Delete
  3. Qué lindo perrito. Y comparto el sentimiento de la primera nevada, yo me quedaba embobada en la ventana por mucho rato viendo la nieve caer cuando vivía en Canadá, qué envidia! Gracias por pasarme el link al blog de Far Far Away! Y seguro que te aviso cuando comience a escribir. Por cierto, yo estudié en la udla igual que tu amiga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. El perrito era precioso... les tengo debilidad porque tuvimos uno y tienen una personalidad muy tierna. Wow estudiaste en la UDLA? De que generación eres, que estudiaste? Mi amiga es de psicología, entramos a la carrera en 1999, salimos por ahí del 2004?

      Delete
  4. wow, I really want that dog! looks beautiful there in the snow, we haven't really had any here yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Snow is beautiful, until it's a mess. But for the moment I am enjoying it, today we had even more, everything was covered in a thick layer this morning.
      Those dogs are beautiful and smart... they have more of a cat personality (they are very independent, though they do still need a "chief" of the pack).
      I hope you get some snow soon (if you'd like to)

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...