Thursday, June 14, 2012

Gratitude

I have been kind of quiet lately because I want this to be a happy place and if I have to be honest I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by this sadness in me (I fight hard not to let it win). Between the I-don't have-a-career-and-I'm-not-going-anywhere stuff and the things that I seem to have no control over (no matter what I do, or not do), some days I just feel like a zombie, walking in the dark, with no power to change things and so completely helpless (because I am exhausted from having already tried every option that we've thought of).
wild cute rabbits
So I try to focus on the bright lights, on the moments that truly make life worth it. Like finding wild little bunnies on during one of our walks in the park. Being very much aware that I have the best and most understanding husband ever. Who will pick me up from work on a Friday night and tell me that, surprise, we are staying for the night in the city, have sushi and noodles for dinner, and a perfect breakfast in a french bakery.

 And let's not forget baking, that makes me oh so happy. Like a little child, playing, experimenting, waiting, and hoping, and then tasting and seeing how people enjoy what I've made. So I grasp this moments and I am grateful for these little things, and realize, as it is, how incredibly lucky we are.
The best cheesecake ever, recipe by The celebration girl (and checkout her pretty new blog design too)

8 comments:

  1. Justo esa razón (con crisis muy fuertes) fue lo que me llevó a abrir el blog... y justo la cocina me ayudó... y la mejor pareja del mundo (ya son dos! ja) me ayudaba con esos pequeños detalles de la vida... Hoy estoy "bien" y los tiempos pasan.

    Abrazos muchos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, y si de verdad que cocinar es algo así como terapia. Supongo que es un poco cuestión de encontrar el sitio para todo, tampoco ayuda que no me siento valorada en mi trabajo, ni que mi opinión no cuenta para nada, pero al fin y al cabo es temporal...

      Delete
  2. Siento muchísimo por lo que estás pasando... nosotros también estamos teniendo problemas con temas de trabajo. Yo, por suerte, tengo una beca de cuatro años (voy por el segundo) para obtener el doctorado, pero parte las condiciones de la beca implican que no puedo trabajar en otro lado, y solo con mi sueldo apenas podemos vivir.
    Mi novio lleva trabajando más de un año sin cobrar casi nada... supongo que no hace falta decirte cómo está la situación económica aquí.
    Pero aún así, estamos contentos, por las pequeñas cosas como tú dices. Mucho ánimo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias... Muchos ánimos también para ustedes, y ojala que la situación mejore pronto. Sé por varios amigos como están las cosas en España :( Supongo que después de mi contrato temporal haré como tu novio "prácticas" (es decir trabajaré de gratis), si no es que se nos ocurré otra cosa. Al menos estamos aprovechando para ahorrar al máximo y disfrutando el día a día, como dice Zarawitta, al final, todo pasa, las piezas encuentran su sitio. Y nos queda la fe...

      Delete
  3. oh, good luck to you... I hear you on so many fronts - on being unable to make things progress on work/family fronts, and on the love of baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I think the "count your blessings" and just enjoying day to day things is really something that helps a lot.

      Delete
  4. Hope that you are feeling better this week. I get in dark spaces too when I feel like I am just treading water with my 'career' (or lack thereof_. I can't associate on the other front but I hope that someway you are able to have all your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I am feeling better.... just keep hoping and concentrating on the good things . Hugs

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...