Friday, April 24, 2015

Royal Style

 This post is going to be silly, so beware. I like to pretend I am really smart and intellectual and do not care about things like fashion (too much).

 I live in a uniform of corduroys or jeans, patterned shirts and sweaters in bright colors. I mismatch everything because when I get dressed in the morning my eyes are still closed. I color clash in a non-deliberate way.

I do enjoy glossy magazines and gossip particularly when waiting at airports and I have to confess I am quite the fan of Taylor Swift and Lily Allen (other celebrities I wish I could be friends with are Emma Stone, Jessica Alba, Mandy Moore and Anna Kendrick).



  
Anyhow, that is how I found out that, on occasion, I have dressed like my favorite royals, Kate Middleton and Charlotte Casiraghi. 

 Last June we baptized baby Y and after watching too many chapters of Suits I decided to be adventurous and wear a pencil skirt for the first time in my life. It was a very light minty green and covered in lace. I wore it with a white top and my wedding shoes, which I had sworn I would re-wear. Well, Charlotte of Monaco baptized her son on the same weekend as we did (!) and when I saw the photos I couldn't believe we chose quite the similar outfit. 

Last summer, my mom-outfit of jeans and a striped gray and blue t-shirt was something Kate Middleton chose as well.

So I guess I am not as fashion-ignorant as I sometimes think I am.

It was a good summer... enjoying the warm summer warmth by the lake, and a baby on the bewb.

2 comments:

  1. no me parece nada tonto al contrario me encanta este post!!! yo tampoco soy muy fashion que digamos, por eso elijo los vestidos, no toca combinar y son faciles de usar. Adoro la combinacion de jeans con camisa a rayas me parece muy estilo frances!.
    te queria proponer un post. que te parece si hablas en un post de ..si quieren venir a AMsterdan tienen que usar.....y hablas de lo que esta de moda y usan ahora las mujeres......
    un saludito amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah gracias! Yo también soy fan de los vestidos, son lo mejor, cómodo, bonito, sencillo y alegre :) Quisiera que hubieran más días de sol por aquí porque aun con mallas me muero de frío.

      Un día de estos escribo el post de Amsterdamm :) aunque la moda de las holandesas no creas que es muy linda... les encanta usar una especie de licras / mallones cortos abajo de faldas y vestidos (como van tanto en bici) que matan por completo el look!

      Saludos!

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...