Thursday, January 3, 2013

# January Joy 3: Go on a date



As I write this we are getting ready to go to the hospital one more time. It is routine now, the place almost feels like home and we pretty much already know everybody there. I have to recognize it makes the whole process easier.

We are in the midst of our 3rd IUI cycle, and I am ready to be prodded so to see how many follicles I have growing inside me and how big they are. I have to say the veterinarian in me is always super excited about this part. Watching nature unfold itself in front of my eyes is fascinating (now if only we could also get to see a baby, a heartbeat, a crazy kicking little kikker (frog) ).

Via Dote Anatomy Topics

 Anyhow, I guess going to the hospital does not exactly count as the most exciting of dates, but we will be spending time together. No, just kidding. I will make sure later in the day we do go out on a real date (the boy has been informed). Maybe we´ll go for greek or thai food. Or maybe we´ll go for a walk in one of the many parks that surround us. Maybe even to the seaside. (I love to be able to say I live by the sea, even if it is nothing like what I grew up calling the sea). So here is to enjoying time together with the special people in your life.

15 comments:

  1. I wish you a lovely date and good news at the hospital. Isn't 'kikker' a lovely word, by the way? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the word kikker yea, it's a cute one.
      Thanks ! The date still has to happen (it will probably be a movie night (one of the boys' favorite books was "Koning van katoren" ) or a long walk.
      The appointment went well at the hospital,we are moving forward to the next step (I get the last injection later today) and we'll be ready for the next step.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  2. good luck with it my dear - thinking of you. and nice to find 'date' possibilities in all kinds of places. we got granita after our IUIs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Granita after IUI's sound nice. We normally go for chai tea and cake (it's becoming a tradition), but today it wasn't possible, as the boy had to rush back to work.
      I had friends over for lunch though, and we'll do something later today.
      Thanks for the luck and thoughts, we are crossing our fingers. It looked good and I am getting the trigger shot at 19 p.m.

      Delete
  3. Buena suerte, Amanda!! This is a brand new year and, of course, it´s now full of possibilities!!! And i guess a date by the sea would be a lovely way to finish off this date. Make it romantic to the top!! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Nat ! And yeah, romantic we try to make, all the way, every time, that and laughing, and looking for the small things.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Good luck! It is a new year, and I hope it will be off to a very good start for you with this IUI cycle.

    A walk by the sea sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) It means a lot. It got dark early.... so the walk by the sea will have to be moved to the weekend !

      Delete
  5. Good luck with this cycle, I'm thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, we'll need all the luck :) Thinking of you too.

      Delete
  6. Good luck today with everything, and hopefully you two have a lovely date afterward! It kind of seems extra romantic that you're doing a date after spending a day taking care of business for something that matters so much to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! It was a nice day... this hopeful part of the cycle always goes smoothly. The day got dark fast, so we ended up going for ice-cream after a second visit to the hospital.

      Delete
  7. Ik hoop voor je dat jullie een hele leuke date hebben gehad, wat is het uiteindelijk geworden? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wilde naar de bioscoop, maar er waren geen films meer, dus we hebben een ijsje gehaald. Dank je ;)

      Delete
    2. Ook leuk! Eigenlijk was jullie boswandeling ook een soort date. ;)

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...