Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday happies

Just a few things making me happy this morning.
-Asking for a sign, and then finding a rainbow.
 Please don't think I am crazy, but I  instantly remembered the story of Noah, after the deluge (Genesis 9, 12-17)
12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” 17 So God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” 
 Also, please note that the rainbow disappeared as soon as I got the photographic evidence. Weird huh?
-Waiting for things to come out of the oven.
 -My new black shoes are finally not hurting me. And all thanks to Zan and to the miracle of water expanding as it reaches 4º C and turns into ice. I got to wear them yesterday, with almost no pain, yes yes.
 -Having friends over, 10-years after-high-school reunions (the boy's), and getting back in contact with long lost friendships from back in those days, all in the same weekend.
 By the way, I listened to Lisa's advice on the subject (kind of) and wore the required pearls, mid-heel pumps and black mascara. Not that I am a WASP  or anything, but if I have to fit in one of her style archetypes I guess I would be the Artsy Cousin?
 -Lazy mornings, breakfast on the couch and my new green vases, they are both the same as this one, but one is bigger and one smaller.

5 comments:

  1. Qué lindo fin de semana! Y qué bonita señal recibiste.

    Hablando de los arquetipos de Lisa, yo creo que soy sturdy gal con algun toque artsy de vez en cuando jajaja. Me encanta su blog.

    Seré curiosa...¿qué estaba en el horno? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Si, raro verdad ?
    Supongo que yo tambien tengo algo de sturdy, a veces. Y a mi también me encanta leerla-
    En el horno, pollo en achiote, es una receta tipica mexicana, en concreto de Yucatan, creo que lo cuelgo la proxima semana jeje .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for tips! :)

    Mmm, pollo en achiote! Pobre de mi el Vaquero todavia no he probado todo mis comidas Mexicanas -- el tiene miedo de las comidas picantes! I told him I'd leave off the habanero sauce but ... no me cree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much happy moments!

    I had a full rainbow a few weeks ago when I was on train heading home. The train passes through a plain that extends for kilometers and I could see the perfect arch making a semi-circle from one side to the other as if to touch the ground. Never had seen such a perfect rainbow, I was ecstatic and furious at the same time because it did not have my camera! The weird thing for me was the rest of the people on the train. They couldn't care less for that rainbow! How is it possible to ignore such beautiful phenomenon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Zan, ah pero el vaquero tiene que probar de todo. A Mark ahora hasta le gusta el mole poblano, solo que con mucho mas chocolate para neutralizar el chile. And umm, achiote is not so spicy anyway. And thanks agaiin :)

    @ Ines, yup :) And strange that people didn't react, every time I see a rainbow I want to jump up and down.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...