Monday, November 17, 2014

World Prematurity Day


When our dear daughter was born 6 weeks early, it took us completely by surprise. The hospital bag wasn't ready, we hadn't yet put on the plastic mattress protector on our bed, my mom still had to arrive and I had big plans for washing her clothes and preparing all kinds of food to be frozen. She didn't have socks or a towel and we had no diapers.

All of those things and the ones I don't remember ended up being secondary and not very important (except for my mom, who was able to change her flight and arrive 3 weeks earlier than planned).

But the excellent medical care baby Y. received during the first three weeks of her life was crucial and we will forever be grateful for every neonatologist, pediatrician, nurse, lactation expert and staff member of the hospital where she was born. The support we received, the patience when answering to my endless questions, the knowledge and savoir-faire when it came to her first days is something we can never thank them enough for.

Today is World Prematurity Day. I thought I would share some information, only raising awareness will more babies be saved.


For some reason I can not set the infographics to appear larger, but if you follow these links you will be able to read them:  National Premmie Foundation and BioMedCentral

2 comments:

  1. I work with babies like Y and even smaller and younger every day! They are precious! The way they hang to life and fight to survive is simply inspiring! Happy World Prematurity Day to all my premies out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the valuable and noble work you do, it is so important, and we can never thank you enough. I left the hospital thinking the people who took care of Y. on her first vulnerable days were real life angels.

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...