Thursday, March 15, 2012

A starry cake and a turtle

 While in Mexico last month, one of the things my little sis' asked me to do was to teach her to decorate cakes with fondant. Not that I am an expert (on the contrary, I have tons to learn) but I did take a basic course, and so we got the ingredients and set ourselves to work play. It was lots of fun, actually it felt like we were in back in kindergarden making figures with play-doh, rolling the fondant, adding colors to get the perfect shade. My best friend even sculpted a turtle, her favorite animal, and we just had to keep it. Like Marcela said, baking can be like meditation, and I just want to learn and try so many things.

6 comments:

  1. cute!!! And so much fun to do it with loved ones!
    Luka has started sifting flour when I bake...only he doesn't want to give me the flour to put it inside the preparation and I have to end up giving him a little extra to sift and whisk to "brive"him. Then he ends up all covered in flour from head to toes. It's so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so cute, he sifts his own flour and doesn´t give it back. Definitely tons of fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Baking really can be a lot of fun! I'm happy to get to have the boy with me in the kitchen so many times, and now he even bake me chocolate biscuits! :) We have lots of fun, specially because he is still learning and he can look pretty much a kid. ahah

    Back to your cake! It turned out so cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! That is so sweet, chocolate biscuits for you. The boy helps prepare stuff, and mostly is good at pointing out recipes haha .

      Delete
  3. I am constantly amazed by your baking prowess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is just a matter of trying... and learning from mistakes, but mostly it is fun and delicious, and really, like therapy (empties my mind)

      Delete

I love your comments, let's talk .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...